Senior Fund Accounting Officer
Engelwood Fund & Corporate Services S.A. – Senior Fund Accounting Officer
Engelwood Fund & Corporate Services S.A. is an independent financial and corporate services provider, based in Luxembourg,
with headquarters located in Luxembourg city and part of the Engelwood network, built up around the One Stop Shop concept,
providing tailored solutions with high level of expertise. The company is a Professional of the Financial Sector regulated by the
Luxembourg supervisory authorities (Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier -CSSF) and provides incorporation,
domiciliation, transfer agency and central administration services to regulated (and unregulated) investment vehicles, with a
primary focus on private equity, real estate and private debt structures.
We are currently looking for a Senior Fund Accounting Officer to join our company.
- Responsible for the production, calculation and checking of the NAV as well as management accounts of portfolio of
regulated/non-regulated, stand-alone/multi compartment entities.
- Ensure that all the accounting standards (i.e. LUX GAAP, Fair Value Option, …) have been met and any exceptions are
properly noted and identified.
- Ensuring compliance of the reporting with legal and defined accounting framework, requirements and relevant
guidance (LUX GAAP, IFRS, SIF law, SICAR law, RAIF law, LPA, Waterfall, etc).
- Perform, account for, review and reconcile on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis, all required accruals, investment
revaluations, and foreign exchange adjustments of financial fixed assets and securities (equities, bonds, funds,
derivatives, money market, unlisted assets, etc), real assets (Buildings, Investment Properties, Motor Vehicles, etc),
intercompany accounts, etc.
- Prepare and review fee calculations (e.g. management fees, performance related fees, administration fees) as well as
corporate action (capital calls, distributions, equalization) and the mechanism thereof.
- Being able to understand and analyse transactions as well as all events affecting the lifecycle of the entities.
- Planning of audit process, maintenance of audit files and communication with auditors
- Liaison and coordination with the relevant internal and external stakeholders including Asset Manager, Local
operational team, etc.
- Escalate accounting issues and assist line Senior Manager / head of department in the team’s organisation, control and
- Have a critical view of the procedures in place, contribute to the development of the Department by improving control
environment and quality of deliverables.
Minimum profile requirements:
- Minimum 5-6 years of experience in similar role in the fund services industry,
- Good knowledge in AIF (PE/RE/DEBT) is compulsory,
- Ability in excel and/or with Demasy IT tool will be some assets,
- Degree in Economics, Accountant or Finance,
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge of LUX GAAP (FV option, IFRS and Consolidation knowledge are an asset),
- Any knowledge/experience on other GAAP (e.g. US, Swiss) or sector’s guidance is an asset,
- Sound knowledge in: corporate actions / ad hoc valuations mechanisms,
- Excellent at planning and understanding future trends and organising oneself accordingly,
- Eye for detail and the flexibility to respond and adapt to changes,
- Proactive, collective, autonomous and self-motivated,
- Strong business ethic and a distinctive passion in servicing clients,
- High level of communication skills,
- Fluency in French and English is mandatory (written and spoken), any additional language will be an asset.
The salary package offered will be commensurate with your professional expertise and experience. This position is available
immediately. This is a unique and potentially career-defining opportunity for the candidate with the right spirit and experience.
If you are interested in taking this challenging opportunity please send your application (cover letter, CV, supporting references)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by our HR team.
In compliance with the law of 23rd July 2016, the selected candidate will be requested to provide a criminal record (section 3).
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we welcome
applications from candidates without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/
identity or disability.